Monday, January 28, 2008

Faces in my weekend...

Grandad and I decided that every time we see the faces of our children and grandchildren it blesses us. This weekend we had the rare pleasure of Ford and Morgan spending the night at the Heath with us. They came about dinner time Saturday, after Ford's basketball game, and left early the next morning before we had to leave for church duties. It was fun just hanging out with them for a little while, playing bumper pool, arcade games, making paper chains, and chatting. At church, we shared our praise time with Tom, Kim, Andrew, Emily and Will. This time every week with them is like comfort food to me. I just love sitting with family at church - I guess because that was what I did growing up; I sat by my grandfather while Mother and Grandmother sang in the choir. (Not to mention my Aunt playing the organ, my uncles leading the singing and other relatives filling the sanctuary pews!)


After church we drove over to Joe's roller hockey game. While watching Joe play, Isabelle sat next to me, drawing interesting things and keeping me company while Grandad and Mike intently watched every move that was made on the hockey court. Joe made an excellent goal!! (Mary was at an instructors' training session for teaching ab classes...Mary, I need HELP with my abs!)




(Note: Isabelle is also taking gymnastics and piano and is in Brownies!)I even spent some time thinking about Keegan and Aidan while I was preparing a birthday box to mail for Keegan's birthday on the 3rd of Feb. I looked through the hardcover book of the boys' pictures that Kristin made us for Christmas, seeing if I could find any birthday party pictures. It always makes me smile to see those photos...they capture the essence of those boys! Made me excited to think about summer vacation and being with them again.

Anyway, my point is, no weekend is ever lost when we are able to see the faces of those we love. Have a good week everyone...and Mama, I'll be home to see you soon!

2 comments:

Queenie said...

What a week-end--after all that going now you need a week-end to recover.
I have been wondering how Nava is?
He seemed so feeble at Thanksgiving
Poor old dog reminded me of Shadow, but he kept on keeping
on. I thought I would have Murphy
this week but Yegor is going to be
home so he will stay there.
Nana

Queenie said...

Mike still looks like a little boy sitting there, in deep thought.