Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Observation


Unbeknown to him, I watched my husband shooting a small riffle as the sun was lowering on a lovely afternoon at Northcroft...




I thought to myself, why does that man like to shoot guns? Sitting out here all alone, trying to become a better shot, for what reason? I guessed the same reason he likes to carry a knife, ride the four wheeler, wear a cowboy hat and run a chainsaw...



Is it for the same reason I like to comfort a crying baby, paint a beautiful painting, dance in the moonlight and be called a Very Special(Mother) Grandmother?



I am a woman and he is a man and we like the way those things make us feel..



Forgive me if I'm not always understanding about guns, knives, four wheelers and football. I should be more sensitive to my husbands needs....





I'm just glad his instincts and eyesight aren't as keen as mine.

;) Mimi


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Queenie said...

What a nice blog for your husband.
All those things he does at Northcroft are sugarplums.
So does he have gray hair? NO
Thats because of football, guns,
fourwheelers and cowboy hats.
Plus your couple of miles back to
the National Forest has no trash.
You have to ride a fourwheeler to
pick up trash. Keeps you young.
Nana

juju said...

This is a far cry from the cover of The Atlanta Lawyer. Not every man can be this diverse. Love you, Terr!!

Family said...

Celebrate Diversity! That's what my favorite Tee Shirt says, and has pictures of 20 different kinds of pistols. Terr.