Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A thought about Parents

Last night at our small group Bible Study, we talked about how hard it was to be a good parents, how hard to know the right things to do and teach and how grateful we were for the good parents we had. I want to encourage those of you who have children...You are beginning a stable life for the lives of those you brought into this world. Be prayerful, enjoy the journey and reap the rewards!

Thanks to my Mom and Dad for guiding me, standing beside me (and each other), and for showing me how the future should be lived.
Thanks to Terr's parents for giving me a capable, upstanding, devoted husband, sure of himself and proud of where he came from.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

juju said...

Amen to all you said. We had the best!

Queenie said...

I remember with much fondness the
trips to Captiva Island between
Christmas and New Year. I remember
very much the day this picture of
Dad and I was made. Nitabelle had
hired the Captain to come to her
dock and pick us up and take us
boating on the ocean. The first time I had ever been in a boat on
the ocean. She was most interested
in showing us the ospray nest that
the government has put up on tall
poles along the bay. As we cruised
out of the bay we saw the home
of Morning Show Weatherman, Willard
Scott a few docks down from her
home.She was a gracious hostess and
a gracious lady. Met Tom at your
and Terrence's wedding but never
got to see him again before his
death.She loved helping me with
my shells and gave me lots of them.
Thanks for the memories.
Mother

Family said...

to queenie...how lovely that you remembered all these details. captiva was always a little sweeter when you and dad were there. thank you for giving these moments back. no one could ever replace you!

merry