Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Kid News

These children spent five weeks this fall on a hiatus from their regular Sunday School classes to be part of our church communicants' class. In addition, parent-supervised weekly homework was an "extra" that was required to complete the course of study. They are spiritual leaders of the next generation. Our precious angel, Emily (second row, right), was among this group of bright faces presented to the church, recently. Andrew also finished this class a couple of years ago.

*Be sure and call Mimi and let me know what my other grandchildren are doing. I would love to tell the world!....or at least anyone who reads the Chatterbox.....

Ford is doing really well swimming for the Woodward Swim Team.

After a singing audition, Andrew got another part in Wesleyan's upcoming musical, "Cinderella".

Morgan is raising money for rock climbing trips and scholarships at her local rocking climbing facility, by getting sponsors for each climb she makes to the top .

Emily is learning how to play the bell chimes and Joe is taking tennis lessons.

William is helping his mother a lot these days, but he will start his new school in January.

...And I understand that academics are going well for all! Yea Grandchildren!!!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Queenie said...

Congratulations Emmy on completing
your communicants' class. You put
fourth your best efforts for Jesus.
I love you, darling.

Family said...

If I had only been prepared with a camera during Ford's swim meet against Wesleyan! It was awesome seeing Ford looking so grown up--swimming his heart out for his team! He wore the official "team" jacket that made him look especially grown up and "jock" like. We are so proud of him! Go Ford!

Anonymous said...

Cute note from Mary:

I read chatterbox...I feel the need to let everyone know that Isabelle is now playing basketball! I'll have to take a picture of her with her ball..she is so cute! She is also taking gymnastics and piano and is in Brownies! Both kids are doing the Mathathon at school to raise money for St. Judes..by the way, did I hit you up for that yet?

My bragging is over for now...

Mary