Monday, December 31, 2007

The order of things...

It’s New Year’s Eve Day in the Valley, all have gone from Northcroft but me, the sun is bright and the air is cold, and it is so very quiet, except for the crackle of the fire in the fireplace. Thoughts are zooming through my head…what should I do first? Start the wash? Write thank you notes for my Christmas gifts? Study the new pictures left on my camera, dust and sweep, replay my new CD that Jeremy and Kate made for us as a gift? I could take a nap or go for a brisk walk with a fresh mug of steaming coffee in my gloved hands, which would clear the cobwebs in my head. It sure would feel good to shower and wash my hair, but not until I get the house freshened up. Maybe I should call Mother. What were the names of those two books that I brought to read? I got an email from high school classmate, Nina Dunn, that I really want to answer... I could paint!

It sure is beautiful outside the big window, at eye level across from my desk…I think I’m going to need a few days to get all of this worked out. -Mimi




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Queenie said...

Northcroft looks beautiful this
season. Hurry and get all those
jobs done so you can relax.
Another great time with Kate at
Northcroft.
Thank you for a wonderful Christmas
and the whole year of 2007.
I look forward to more time together in 2008, and 81 and 61.
Mom

Family said...

Sounds exhausting just thinking about all that stuff. I'd take a nap first.....Enjoy your time alone. What a treat to have such a place as NorthCroft. We love you and miss back home in the burbs.
bo