Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year 2008!

I am alone in a little cabin in the woods, watching the ball fall in Times Square, New York, toasting in the New Year with a glass of wine.

It was just this morning that Kate left this place to go back to New York and Kim called from Florida on her way back to Atlanta. It was just a week ago when I hugged Mike and his family as we left for Tennessee to share a bit of the day with extended family. It was a rare and special Christmas morning that Kristin could be with us, all the way from California, and although I talked to Shannon that morning by phone over the noise of excitement, he called a couple of days later to catch up on holiday news. It was also during those happy moments Christmas morning that Beth called from San Francisco to wish us a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. It was just a week ago that all but two of my precious grandchildren were standing close around me, waiting for me to open a gift; a beautiful gold charm that said, "Very Special Grandmother." It was a few days before that Keegan and Aidan called while they were having an early Christmas with their mother and Beth to thank me for gifts we sent and Merry Christmas. Aidan said, "I'll see you at the beach, Mimi, if not before!"

I've touched you all in the last few days and it was memorable and glorious! Thank you for staying close. I wish for you another year of Great Family Moments!

I watched the ball drop here in this lovely cabin by the creek. I heard no sounds of fireworks or people shouting "Happy New Year!" as others kissed at crowded parties, but my sweet husband did call and loved me into the new year by phone. Kate called with best wishes and to let me know she was safely home. I talked to Mother earlier tonight and I know she too is safe at home where she has been for the last 50 years (you can't imagine the comfort that brings). Having these things is the perfect start to not only every year, but to another day. For me, I wish more of the same in 2008...HAPPY NEW YEAR, dear family, Happy New Year!

MIMI

4 comments:

Family said...

happy new year my sweet momma.
I look forward to what God puts in our path for 08!
bo

Family said...

To Kim-You make me want to be a better person. I'm glad you are mine. Mom

juju said...

Happy New Year Terr and Merry, Sounds like this will be a big year for us both. Giving away a daughter and building a house. Don't no which will be the hardest??

Family said...

Juju....
Giving a daughter away... houses can be replaced and improved upon. Daughters have there own opinions about things.:) Hehe

Tell you what; I'll lend you an ear if you lend me one. Think of it this way, we both have happy things to keep us busy!

Merry