Friday, December 07, 2007

A Happy Tune

In memory of Dad tomorrow, I am posting his picture with me, in sepia. First because I want to remember being with him and him with me, and secondly because although his color left this world, his wonderful memory most certainly did not. This is the 2nd anniversary of Daddy's birthday into heaven; see: Thursday, December 07, 2006 God's Angel turns One. It makes me happy to imagine him celebrating his birthday with Jesus. I think he must be in charge of flocking a million Christmas trees - not because they need artificial snow, mind you, but because God knows that he is enjoying it. Can you hear him whistling?

P.S. If this picture were made today, my hair would look just like his!

2 comments:

juju said...

Another blog that touches my heart. What a Man! What Memories! I miss you, Daddy

Family said...

My Pop was what neighbors called a "good man". But I'd say he was more than a good man, a man of God--humble in his walk. Gentle and quiet spirit. Protector and provider for his family. Faithful to God's word on marriage, family and to the Lord. My prayer is that my sons follow his footsteps of being a modern day knight! Thank you Pop for giving us a glimpse of what it means to be righteous is God's eye! Of what it means to be a "real" man. I pray your legacy will continue and the men that follow will lead by your example.....I am thankful for all those years I could call you my Pop. kim