Thursday, December 07, 2006

God's Angel turns One


Although it makes me cry a few tears, I have to mark December 8Th, the anniversary of my Dad's death, with thanksgiving that I can now think of him with a smile and beautiful memories of Christmas. What a bright star he was at Christmas time!
To all of you who have loved and lost, I hope you can do the same. Christmas is especially hard but we have to remember that love is the gift that keeps on giving and now we have the baton...so pass it on and never let the light go out.
To my Mama; thank you for keeping the home fires burning. Thank you for loving my Daddy and for continuing your journey with us in his absents. Thanks be to God for the Gift.
-Merry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing he continues to be in all our hearts. God bless.

-k

Family said...

Oh, my precious angel! What a beautiful man.The Lord had him picked for me, long before either Leonard or I knew his plan. I will tonight challenge each young couple
to love and hug as much as possible each day of your life. All too soon in two painful moments it is over. It seems like
yesterday that my sweetheart left
me alone with precious memories
and wonderful pictures, and the
most glorious children and perfect
children-in-laws to keep my life
healty and happy. Tomorrow I will
be sad but will celebrate his
life as I attend a Gaither Concert
at OperaHouse in Nashville. He would have loved that.