Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Grandfather speaks...



What Grandad doesn't understand is that no one goes back in time to read old post, so when he tries to tell new information through an old related article; he never gets read. I appreciated him adding to the family news so I took the liberty of coping and pasting his new comment and turning it into a post for him. Maybe one day he will learn to do it himself.

I think he likes the chatterbox and I know he is proud of his family! (Forgive me Grandad if the copy/paste thing doesn't get the layout just right. It never does!)

-M

Grandad has left a new comment on your post "Ford's basketball schedule": On Saturday, Dec. 2, Joe Regas and I went to the Decatur Recreation Center (on Sycamore in Downtown Decatur, next to the Library) to watch Ford and his Celtics play basketball. After only one practice, his team came up just a few points short, but fought fiercely against a much bigger and taller team. The Celtics are well coached, and will improve with practice. Ford hit one field goal and one free throw, but got in several critical fouls against much bigger players and saved several baskets with his aggressive style of defense and rebounding. He is the third tallest player on the Celtics. Several of his opponents were my size. It was a hard fought game. Joe and I enjoyed cheering for Ford. Joe is playing soccer and rollar hockey this winter. He is a whiz on skates and very exciting to watch, as he flashes in and out of the reach of other players, before he takes his shot. He still prefers football, but soccer is his next favorite. I just love to watch my grandchildren perform. I wish I could see Keegan in action on the soccer field. I know he has scored several goals. Maybe his Mom or Dad could post a photo of him in action, here on the Chatterbox. Keegan acted in real movie, recently. When it is release, he promises to tell us, so we can all watch him on the big screen. Speaking of acting, Andrew, who has is own email address, andrewleesc@comcast.net, is a regular performer in a long running show at his church, called Apostlelot. He has played many roles. His father, Tom, is an adult mainstay in the series, too. Together, like Batman and Robin, they are a daring duo of acting at Apostlelot. I hope Kim will post some photos of them in action. She has been busy, with Tom's help, and some from Mimi, perparing her house to be one of just five on the Horseshoe Bend Festival of Homes, a benefit for the Gardan Club. About 500 people paid $15 to tour Kim and Tom's house. I snuck in. It looked like a million dollars! Andrew, Emily and William spent Saturday night with me and Mimi, so their house would look perfect on Sunday. I wonder how long it will take to look lived-in again? God Bless you every one.

Love,

Grandad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let Grandad fool you. I did very little to help Kim and Tom get the house ready for the open house. I helped fluff on Saturday then took the children home with me for the night so they could get out in time for church on Sunday morning and have the house ready by 12:30. Also Grandad, I'd say the house looked at least a million and a half! Kim is bound to get some business out of her efforts. It was so beautiful; she had a hard time letting the children back into their rooms. hehe

Note: Also on Sunday Grandad and I joined the Church Of The Apostles after almost ten years of being regular attendees, Kim and I toured the other four houses on the tour and Tom and Kim took us to their local swim club for a lovely lunch. So how was you Sunday? 

Anonymous said...

cool pic!


Andrew