Friday, September 14, 2007

Who says you can't go back home again?


Oh, the joys of the mountains!

Kate and I are enjoying four days together in our beloved North Georgia mountain. We have already (after only two days) provisioned and prepared, spent late night hours in good mother/daughter conversation, watched the heavy down pour of rain renew the forest and fill the creek, spent a day at the Oliver's canning pumpkins and delighting in our time together, done candlelight yoga to a beautiful mix of music that Kate put together, while also listening to the roar of a storm swollen creek. We have eaten two great dinners, prepared mostly by Kate and watched one of the six movies that we brought. The small things that have filled in the time between these events have all been a delight as well. You can tell by the smiles on our faces that there is no place like home, and for us the mountains will always have a room among the places that have nurtured us.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring! The weather is suppose to clear, so we have a hike to the waterfalls, and beyond, planned, maybe another movie before Terr gets here to take us out to the theater and to dinner in Blue Ridge tomorrow night....

Of course, before we leave, we must build at least one fairy house and make some time for creek play.

So much to do! I'll let you know...

3 comments:

Queenie said...

I have waited all day for this!
I knew it would be good, but you
know something? Nobody was happier today than Gene and Evelyn. I just
bet she loved this day.
Yes Kate back to your summer roots.
I know it was a fun day for you. Evelyn looks like she is loosing
weight. Is she ok?
Great post you two.
Mom/Nana

juju said...

Yes, there are definitely some things Mastercard can't buy! This day was certainly one of them. What a retreat and what a beautiful real life glimpse of life as it use to be. Evelyne, You are a remarkable women. I think there were three remarkable women in your kitchen that day!

Family said...

I just cried as I see Kate "back home". You belong there, sissy! What a precious sight. Cat napping on those pillows just tipped me over the edge.....made me fully realize my city roots run too deep for just any experience..........I love you both.
bo