Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Kimberly has a birthday!

I write today to honor Kimberly. She is having a birthday tomorrow, you know, and I am here to remember the day she was born.

When I first looked into those eyes of my baby girl, I saw eyes of understanding on the face of an angel. She seemed to know that I had a very active one-year-old, I was half way across the world from my own mother, and I needed her to give me grace and keep me calm… she has been my source help me ever since.






This year, she worked tirelessly to give Nana and me a special luncheon, celebrating our 60th and 80th birthdays. She has also spent months redecorating our master bathroom at the Heath; patiently trying to please and excite this grumpy old Mother who has a hard time with change. Can I tell you that with both of these major projects (on top of all her other business, being a full-time parent and wife, not to mention an advocate for Christ) she did a super job.





Kim, you are my rock and you are every Mother’s dream for her little girl and every child’s dream mother. Your birthday gifts (given by God 41 years ago) are abundant and I am so proud of you.


Do you know where I’m going with this? Indeed, when I look inside your life, I see your Father’s Eyes and I know you will always be heaven bound. Happy birthday dear daughter.

I love you,

Mama

2 comments:

Family said...

What a humbling blog. Thank you, Mom, for such sweet words of encouragement and love for me. Between you, Deet and Aunt Judy, my birthday has been complete. And I am so honored to be surrounded by such beauty and grace.
Thank you for giving me life. Thank you, Jesus for using this rotten flesh to your glory. I am so not worthy on my own.
I love you. bo

Queenie said...

..........and the people said.....

Nana