Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tuscany then Rome...

Tuscany


Rome



What a wonderful adventure Terr and I had, on a recent visit to Italy. These are long videos, and Vimeo had a hard time copying them the way I made them; but I just had to have the memory on Chatterbox.  So, if you ever want to see what we saw...I give you first Tuscany (with siblings and friends), then four fascinating days in Rome with a driver and a guide named, Mayta.  We were treated like royalty, riding in a Mercedes-Benz, our door opened for us by a handsome, polite driver, every time we stopped, cutting long lines and going in back ways. We were taught  years worth of Roman history by a very knowledgeable, no nonsense, guide and after the first night we stayed in an dark, mirrored, exciting suite of rooms that soothed us after a long day of site-seeing. It was a time to remember and revisit from time to time.  Then we topped it off by coming home in the front of the plane, where I watched three movies and ate all the way to Atlanta!

Now, as I relive it through these pictures, I find the trip even more magnificent, now that I have the time to to reflect and take it all in.  All the time we were gone, I had a sense of being very privileged, very blessed and humbled by the life God has given me.  I can only hope and pray I will never take it for granted and will always pay my blessings forward.

4 comments:

Queenie said...

You have and you will!

juju said...

What a way to go --1st class-Looks like it was truly a wonderful trip for you and Terr. What about Africa next year?

:+: Felly's :+: said...

what a wonderful pictures ^__^ and what a beautiful place...i would like to visit there sometime too

pie rox said...

that is so awesome mimi!! you always make the best videos. :) great job!!