Thursday, May 15, 2008

Got a poem?....I've got a forum!

Mother's Day I tried my hand at pleasing my mother by writing her a poem...boy, was it hard! Anyway, while all of you sweet grandchildren (and any other family poets for that matter) are cleaning out your old school papers, getting ready for summer, and you come across a poem you too worked hard on; send it to me and I will post on Chatterbox, it along with your picture.


Andrew sent this one to me in March of this year...


Andrew Sabonis-Chafee
McCarren
English-5
12 March 2008




If I had a Wish…

If I had a wish, I’d know what it would be
I’d tell my wish to a magic genie
If he made it come true
I wouldn’t be blue
And I would be so very happy

“ I’d like to have the power to be invisible” I’d say
“ I don’t want it tomorrow, I want it today!”
And with a flimm flamm foo,
My wish would come true
And I’d shout out very happily, “ HOORAY!”

On the very next day, the day we had school,
With my invisible powers I’d be very cruel
I’d pull people’s hair,
And give them a scare,
And replace their real lunch with gruel

While people were in class, I’d play out in the halls
I’d answer my cell phone and check my missed calls
Homework? I’d have none
I’d just have fun
I’d go down to the gym and play with basketballs

The genie would come back when I got home
I’d tell him everything and drone and drone
He said “ You’ve had your fun,
Now your power is done.”
And then all I could do was moan

“ Why’d you take my power away, you nasty little weevil?
“ I took it away ‘cause you were using it for evil”
Then he disappeared in a whiff
And I knew in A jiff,
That my power was not up for retrieval

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!
-Andrew

juju said...

Their is definitely a poet in the making here! Good job, Andrew.

Queenie said...

That sounds like my little grand-
son, Andrew. Good thinking, Andrew.
Nana