Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Graduate

I just got the sweetest call from Grandson, Ford, thanking me for coming to his graduation this morning. It touched my heart to get that call almost as must as it touched my heart to hear his graduation speech. Ford was so poised, articulate and generous with the people he thanked. I was ever so proud!

Because Molly was on the Board of The Children's School, she had the honor of being specially called up on stage to present Ford with his diploma. It was a beautiful sight to behold...

My pictures aren't very good as we were pretty far back in the gym. (Pretty far back indeed but in front of Hank Arron!)

Congratulations, Ford! We wish you the best as you leave Morgan and The Children's School and move on to bigger and I hope better things at Woodward Academy.

-Mimi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ford, congratulations on graduating. I am sorry I missed your graduation speech. I hear it was excellent. Now, after the celebrating is done, it's time to be preparing for the next step. You see, every time you graduate from one level, you have to start over at the bottom of the next level. Get used to it. Just dig in and do your very best, all the time. Then you will be successful at each level. You are a super competitor. It is fun to watch you do it. I love you and I am very proud of your effort and your achievements. Grandad

Queenie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day to
celebrate with your grandson, Mimi.
Did you and especially Ford actually see the Hank?
Congratulations Ford. Nana

Family said...

Queeie-Mr.Hank is at a lot of tcs functions. He has a grandchild attending there, I believe. I was sitting next to Shannon's mother and he got up to take our picture. He later reveled that he did that because Hank Aaron was sitting behind us. I told him he just had to send the picture to you. I felt it too improper to look back. :)

Anonymous said...

congrats again Ford! Mimi -- thanks very much for posting this -- it was a great, great day. You being there made it an even greater day! Molly