Friday, March 22, 2013

...and we ate pie!


Did I tell you about about my Christmas gift in mid February?  Well, if I didn't I certainly intended to!

Last Christmas, the children and those they love (as long as I'm living, my babies they'll be) gave Grandad and me gifts of time as our special gifts.  One of those gifts included, for me, a girl's night out to be taken in February.


Well, time came and because of surgery I wasn't up for travel so the girls brought the gift to me!

Kim and Emily arrived early to wash and fix my hair (couldn't do my own at the time) and brought a fantastic catered gourmet feast (from everyone) to be put on hold while waiting for the rest of the girls to arrive.

What a night to remember, we laid the table with the delicious food and wine, sat together for great conversation, even picked out the dresses we would wear to the up coming  Oscars, (that is if we were going)!  We talked so much that we had little time to do other things we'd planned.   The young girls made their way to the basement den and eventually a big pallet on the floor where they could settle down to popcorn and a late movie.  We tried to join them for a while but the events of the day gave way to tired bodies and soon we all found a bed where we could get a good nights sleep before our Sunday School teachers had to get up early the following morning.

(I should add a note here that pays tribute to my steadfast husband who did not join us for dinner but stayed and ate quietly in his sealed office upstairs never once giving us cause to shout, "Man in the Hall!".)

Soon, after a happy early morning breakfast, everyone was gone and we were off the church with Emily to meet the others already there.  Wow, was it quiet Sunday afternoon, the giggles and chatter absorbed into the walls made it a place I still wanted to be.

Talk about a gift that keeps on giving; it couldn't have been more valuable had it been  Frankincense and Myrrh, for it is another added treasure to my memory box.


Oh, I forgot to tell you the very reason the thought came into my mind that I wanted to write this post in the first place...WE ATE PIE!  Sure wish I had some. ;)

No comments: