Sunday, May 02, 2010

Weekend with Kate

I'm not sure if Kate had birthday weekend with us or if I had a Mother's Day weekend with her! I guess it was a little bit of both.

Terr came but for one night (the night of her birthday) to take Kate out to a fancy dinner of her choice. Well that didn't happen! Kate greeted us, at our Hotel, with a bouquet of flowers and an invitation to dinner at her apartment. She prepared each of our favorite foods and WOWed us with her favorite entree and dessert! It was far better than any restaurant we could have gone to and we enjoyed every morsel!

Dad left early the next morning for a business weekend in Arizona and I was able to stay for two more wonderful days of play...

Breakfast in our crazy dinning/library/music room at the hotel, theater, shopping, walks, cab rides, Central Park, pedicures, lovely evening dining and late night Chinese take-out. The best part was just spending time with Kate. I just love the rare times when I have special one on one time with my grown children...they amaze me.

2 comments:

Kate Croft said...

I had such a great time with you! Mom, thanks for braving the city and spending so much time with me - and Dad, thanks for making the whirlwind trip! It was so good to see you both.

Queenie said...

So glad you had a happy day with your
Mom. She seems to have had a great
tonic, being with you for a couple of days. Love you darling granddaughter.
Nana