Sunday, August 12, 2007

It's time to go home


"Day O, Day A-A-O, Day light come and I want to go home..."

Some had to leave early so the Day-O dance line wasn't quite as long this year, but none the less the tradition was honored.

Thankfully we all arrived home safely, brown as well-done biscuits and ready to sort out the sandy beach paraphernalia, piles of mail, backlogs of email and work. Kate and Jeremy are headed back to Brooklyn, the kids are getting ready to start back to school and Kristin and the boys, Shannon, Kim, Tom, Terr and I are getting ready to head out west for a Croft family reunion. This is one busy family.

We have hundreds (if not a thousand) beach pictures that will long remind us of another wonderful year on family vacation.

Maybe Molly will write the highlights of this year's trip again for our memory books. Kristin or Tom has volunteered to make a photo CD of every one's collected pictures and I hope someone got a film of Fweakijam 2007 that I can edit and have a copy made for the kids. We'll have plenty to share with anyone that will look and listen...look out Mama, Judy, Natali (Hugh?) here I come!! What a great finish!

-Merry/Mom/Mimi
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Queenie said...

I'm ready for anything, you know that. but {Hugh?} I am sure he
is ready too. He just loves to
tease. Today, I was not able to go
to church and JuJu brought a little
bowl of speghitti and cheese cake
by. About the time we sat down, the
'System" said "FrontDoor" and Hugh
and Nat came in. When they got to
the kitchen he began saying "All
right, All Right, just in time.
They ate a sandwich.

Family said...

Queenie...hope the reason you weren't able to go to church wasn't too serious! I had a wonderful praise time Sunday morning, thanking God for keeping the 20 of us safe during our weeks of vacation and the many hours of travel. That was a miracle...not even a bad sunburn!

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Merry