Friday, August 24, 2007

The Day that changed my life forever...

From the day this child was born, August 25, 1965, I have been graced with pride and I have never been totally alone. Michael truly came to rescue me. He gave me joy and purpose. Good or bad, he taught me everything I know about being a parent to a little boy! I was such a young, frightened mother, so far away from home. Mike was my light and he was loved. A year later; Mike gave all that love to his sister and we became a family. That unbreakable bond and devotion has turned into a loving family of twenty, and for me, it all began that sweet day in August, 42 years ago. My life took it's path the day he was born. I have loved being his Mother.





Today, Mike is a successful father to Joe and Isabelle, loving husband to Mary, attorney, sports participant, and still the precious son I share with his dad and with Terrence.

Happy Birthday Son!



*(P. S. On September 18, 2007, Mike is has volunteered to be arrested and held hostage at the W Hotel, until he raises $2,500 "bail", for Muscular Dystrophy (Jerry Kid's).
Let's show our support by giving a small (tax deductible) donation, to help free him, and to this wonderful cause. Attached is a web page which will enable you to make a donation.
https://www.mdaevent.org/ParticipantInfo.aspx?j=b12bcaa5-d6d6-47c6-a3ce-df67e21bc0e0

His Mom (I) will be grateful because, as you with children know, I can't let him stay in jail for very long. I will have to bail him out one way or another. Thanks!)

***********************************************************

Today's blog can't be finished until it is mentioned that it is also the birthday of another special boy who is turning SIX years old! I will let his mother give all the brag facts about him, but I know, after just spending a week with him in Grayton and then another four days in Driggs; this is one fine grandson! I especially enjoyed our time hiking and drawing and working on Mimi's Project together.

I love you Aidan and I hope you have a wonderful Birthday!!!

~Mimi




4 comments:

juju said...

Happy Birthday, Little Mike. You are as handsome now as you were cute then! I Love you, Aunt Judy

Queenie said...

Now it will be just me, maybe
Julu, Miss Merry has her little
Mike on there and she will never take him off.

Family said...

Oh no, Queenie! I've got other birthdays coming up in a few days! Then there is Labor Day week end...Joe winning his golf tourament...Regas's moving into their new house...Andrew's trying out for the Junior High play...

You get the picture...life is full of blogging material!

Thanks for caring.

Merry

Family said...

Oh, yes, and I'm still trying to drum up some bail money for Mike. He might have to stay in jail (at the W Hotel?) for a while. That could be trouble!

Thanks for your donation!!