Thursday, July 19, 2007

Colorado Memory



The sun has set on our trip to Colorado and our time together there is left only to the memory.

We leave behind our Native American forebears, shown here: Chief Yamaha and his faithful companion, Princess Summer Fall Winter Spring, (the squaw for all seasons), to join the tan faces of Grayton Beach.

We leave you with these wise words of our Fathers, " The Great Spirit is in all things."

"Out of the Indian approach to life there comes a great freedom - an intense and absorbing love for nature; a respect for life; enriching faith in a Supreme Power; and principles of truth, honesty, generosity, equity, and brotherhood as a guide to mundane relations."

"Beauty is before me,
And beauty is behind me.
Above and below me hovers the beautiful.
I am surrounded by it.
I am immersed in it.
In my youth I am aware of it,
And in old age I shall walk quietly The beautiful trail."
Navajo Prayer
(Oh, come on now...this is a good blog! :)

3 comments:

juju said...

Wow! what a way to end this wonderful trip. Thank you should buy the outfit.

Queenie said...

That Indian selected a beauty
when he selected Summer Fall Winter
Spring. Queen

Kate Croft said...

totally. hilarious.

great quotes, too =)