Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today was a good day...

I came to Northcroft yesterday to rest and paint for a couple of days. I find so much peace here
and oh how I love to paint, walk, visit with the Olivers, read, watch a little television and get some extra sleep, while I am here.

I prayed for each of you precious people this afternoon as I walked with God along the mountain road. I am painting a photograph that Kate took in Ireland to give her for her 23rd birthday on
the 28th of this month, and thinking about her as I do. Terr sent me a couple of emails today to let me know he was thinking of me, and I felt loved. :) My walk this morning
took me to the Olivers and as they are both in wheelchairs,
I looked for things I could do to help them out. I got to fill
the bird feeders, sweep the floor, empty the ash bucket and go to the cellar and bring up some can goods for cooking.
Mrs. Oliver gave me a crossword puzzle book. I seldom leave that house without something!

I borrowed a trash bag and picked up trash on my walk home...

I just wanted you to know, life is good. I hope you take time out of your busy lives to see how wonderfully blessed we are.

I stuck my head out the window of the "tree house" and took this picture. I could almost see you all playing in the cold water. Oh, how I love you.

That was my day....and how was yours?

-Mom/Mimi/Merry
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kate Croft said...

sounds like a beautiful day. i love crossword puzzles, even though Jeremy is much better at them than I am...we do them together and make a pretty good team =) It looks like the trees are leafing out there. Get to work on my painting ;)

Family said...

Kate-My goad is to have your painting done by your birthday! It may be too wet to mail, but it will be done. Oh, and Mrs. Oliver is reading Prodigal Summer. She got a new light so she could read the small print (she is use to reading the big print romance novels).
Mom

Queenie said...

My what a beautiful picture.Wish I were there, could climb a mountain,
work a puzzle with Kate, sit in the tree house and read or watch. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Merry loves the cabin and the mountains so much. But I am glad when she comes home, too. She is my treasure.
Today, Joe hit a two-run home run over the center field wall! What a slugger! Ford pitched his team to a win, completely shutting out the opposition and allowing his team to tie and then win the game by one run. What a day for the old Grandad.