Thursday, December 08, 2011

Natalie's story

 I don't usually go outside our immediate family with my news and information on Chatterbox (others tell their stories much better than I do); but today I read my sister-in-law's blog, Patchwork Palette, and felt the need to share this post with you...I don't think she would mind.

Natalie is a self proclaimed "incorrigible optimist" and has been a wonderful influence in my life.  She came to us from Ukraine, became my brother's wife and a loving family member.  She has used her gifts and her courage to get through the hardest of times and is a pillar of strength.   Natalie's blog is written in her native tongue so I have used a computer translator for the link.  I hope it works:  http://yxtishka.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-post.html

2 comments:

Family said...

Click Natalie's blog address, wait a moment for a translator to appear at the top of page, click on it to read the post in somewhat broken English.

queentalks@aim.com said...

Shortly after leaving her home, city,and country, Natalie was faced with this terrible word, cancer. Dr. Senard cut her beautiful face from middle of her throat to her ear,
turned it all inside out and did surgery in her mouth. He took matter from inside her left wrist, to fill in, in her mouth, leaving a patch of new skin from her leg about size 3" by 4". The leg patch of skin taken, which was about 4"
by 6" was just sealed in a plastic bandage to heal. I say this to say that not once did I hear her complain, grumble, or stop doing her housework, what an example she was to all of us. In a new land, her boys thousands of miles away at sea, a new family, and always that sweet smile. It all healed so beautifully, and we all love Dr.
Senard, and others who took such
special care of her. We are also thankful for Yegor and Kirill and after coming here, joining service and now both are going to college in Las Angeles. We are proud of them too. During her first year or so here, she also lost her home by fire and lived in a motor home in the back yard a year while they were building back. Never complained, even losing personal things she brought from Russia some belonging to her mother.
We thank God for healing her in this miraculous way, but also for all the fun, comfort and love she has brought into our lives.
What a lucky family and what a lucky man Hugh is. You bring so much sunshine into our life, and I love you dearly.