Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Birthday Surprise!











Terrence's wish was to go to the mountains for his birthday. It had been a long while since he smelled the fresh air of Northcroft...










Andrew, Emily and I decorated the cabin and planned a balloon drop in honor of Grandad's 68th birthday. Even though it was a day early, when the birthday boy arrived, he was put in the seat of honor and balloons fell to the family singing, "Happy Birthday to you!". Thank you kids for all your help blowing up all 60 of those balloons! It was GREAT!!


Tomorrow (the 13th) he will wake up to a much different atmosphere... just me, a card, a gift (+ the one Tom and Kim left behind for him) and a wish to share many, many, many more birthdays with the man of my heart.
The first thing we will do in the morning is call Morgan (remember, it's her birthday tomorrow too!). I understand that she had a Volcano Party (something to do with an eruption?) today with her friends. Can't wait to hear about it! Last week end Joe had a party with his classmates at school. They went to a place and played Lazar Tag!

Every birthday is a celebration, every year is precious...I'm happy you are living them well!

6 comments:

Kate Croft said...

Looking good, Dad! Happy birthday! I love you!!!!

Queenie said...

Looks like the good times rolled
this week-end. Happy birthday
to Morgan and Kate later this month.
Its the birthday season.
Nana

juju said...

A WONDERFUL LIFE CELEBRATION! WHO THOUGHT OF THE BALLOON DROP??

emacgrass said...

the picture of your cabin looks like something out of a thomas kincade painting!! looks like you guys had an amazing time! hope to see you soon! :)

Family said...

emacgrass...You should come and visit in my mountains some time! By-the-way, I a couple of bottles of Hello Sugar, I figured my foodie daughter would have to have one too. I'm looking to trying it!

Mimi

emacgrass said...

yes, i'd love to visit your mountain getaway sometime!! let me know how you like the Hello Sugar! it is DIVINE! :)