Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Natali is Amazing!


Natali (and Hugh) are fighting and winning the battle against tongue cancer! Natali has been incredibly strong and positive and Hugh has lovingly been at her side, supporting and encourageing her through this terrible ordeal. They have been quite the team.

Nana's e-mail today promised more of the same:

"Hugh called me yesterday about six. He put the phone to Natali's mouth, yes mouth, and she said, "I love you Mother",
just as well as she ever has! It is amazing. All tubes are out except feeding and trach. They will probably take trach out today and go home. I have not heard for sure. They will go back Friday and get the feeding tube out. They say she is a model patient and has had an outstanding recovery. Call out there if you want to later today. I have not heard, but yesterday he thought they would go today."
Mom

stop.....

I just called Hugh and talked to Natali myself! I wouldn't say her speech was perfect but it was amazing how well she could talk. The most pain she has is from her leg where they took the second graft, other than that she says she is doing fine and insisted that home care not come to help her with therapy. She knows and will do all the excersises. The feeding tube will come out soon.

Now I know, even if she doesn't, that she still has a lot of healing to go through, so if any of you would like to support her with a card or letter her address is:

Natali Patton
4054 Kennedy Creek Road
Auburntown, TN 37016

-Mimi

1 comment:

Kate Croft said...

What a beatiful lady, one of the
wonders of the world.